Best Refinishing Company in West Des Moines, IA
Are you looking for exceptional resurfacing work from the #1 refinishing contractors in West Des Moines, IA? Call our team today for more about our floors and countertops.
In West Des Moines, there is a growing need for restored vintage countertops and hardwood surfaces. The team at Renew Resurfacing is happy to help, and we have the expertise to repair and refinish any dilapidated surfaces for a fresh look. As the #1 refinishing contractors in West Des Moines, IA, we assist homeowners and commercial buildings in restoring and repairing flooring and countertops in just one day of professional service.
Feel free to ask us more about our range of refinishing services—there is something for everyone. You can rely on Renew Resurfacing’s professional refinishing work to make it look like a complete renovation, without the price tag.
Refinishing vs. Resurfacing: What’s the Difference?
- Refinishing applies mainly to the top layer of the surface. It involves sanding the top layer of the flooring or countertop to make way for a final stain or lacquer application. The fresh look is immediate, and the durable, glossy lacquer application only takes a few hours.
- Resurfacing is more work—a new material replaces the entire flooring or countertop. It is the ideal choice if you want an entirely new style or surface texture where the floor or countertops have extensive damage.
Our refinishing services save you time and money on otherwise costly renovation projects. Whether you want to repair and upgrade a certain section or replace an entire floor or property surface, our professionals can help. Our refinishing and resurfacing contractors are licensed and trained to offer you exceptional coating services, including patios, garages, and pool deck areas.
Our Refinishing Services in West Des Moines, IA
Renew Resurfacing offers both residential and commercial refinishing services in various designs and colors. Our services are flexible to meet each customer’s unique needs, and the team is passionate about providing the best results possible.
Our refinishing contractors offer the following coating and refinishing services:
- Patio coatings. We repair dents, cracks, and splinters for a seamless finish on your patio.
- Garage floor coatings. Give your garage flooring a well-deserved transformation and enjoy your dream space for years to come.
- Driveway refinishing. Enhance the appearance of your worn, cracked, or stained driveway. Our styles and colors are durable and affordable.
- Pool deck refinishing. Non-slip, UV-protected coating options keep your deck cool on hot days and enhance the safety aspects and aesthetics. It is a great way to improve the value of your property if you are considering resale.
- Epoxy flooring. We upgrade your flooring to a design of choice and use epoxy for enhanced but cost-effective durability. The primary benefit of epoxy garage floors is that you can customize the colors to your preferences.
- Residential and commercial refinishing. Renew Resurfacing offers both home and office refinishing projects in West Des Moines, IA.
- Concrete and chip concrete refinishing. Do you have pathways and sidewalks that need more durable protection and a stylish facelift? Our chip concrete refinishing service offers multi-layer design and top-layer sealing that is perfect for busy areas.
- Countertop refinishing. If you would like the look of granite or marble without the costs involved, our epoxy and stone fleck options give you beautiful countertop coatings. It is a low-maintenance and appealing countertop finish with a modern touch.
- Tile refinishing. We can apply new color and sealant to worn or damaged tile surfaces for added protection. There is no need to replace old tiles; save money on a fresh new look with our reliable services.
- Shower refinishing. Revamping your shower is an amazing way to restore the look and feel of the room. Our budget-friendly home improvement services offer repairs of damaged tiles and other surfaces in your bathroom without needing to replace everything.
Why Choose the #1 Refinishing Contractors in West Des Moines, IA?
Renew Resurfacing’s valued customers enjoy exceptional customer service from us on every project. Our professionals earn the trust of each of our customers, and we work hard to maintain this reputation of dependability. Our high-quality services also feature budget-friendly prices, which is why we are still the #1 refinishing contractors in West Des Moines, IA.
Do you own a residential or commercial property? Our licensed, insured team is proud to offer industry-leading coating services in the states of Iowa and Nebraska. We have well-trained contractors with the skills and years of experience to provide customized surfaces and refinishing for cost-effective durability and design.
If you need reliable refinishing services that meet all industry standards, speak to our professionals about how we can give your floors and countertops a new look.
Other than West Des Moines, Renew offers it’s services in the following cities;
How We Refinish Your Surfaces
At Renew Resurfacing, we give your business or home surfaces a complete overhaul for a new appeal. Resurfacing any flooring type can be costly, including faded and cracked tiles. Refinishing services like ours minimize these costs and save on time; they can go for up to a day or just a few hours.
First, we offer free quotes on your home renovation project, including the cost of materials and labor, to help you make an informed decision. We then begin the refinishing process, whether you want fresh kitchen countertops or a beautiful garage flooring solution. Our process includes:
- Floor preparation. We sand the surface to remove micro abrasions for impending repairs and applications. Our team also removes debris and dirt from the surfaces using water and mild soap.
- Flooring or surface repair. We remove all blemishes from the surfaces, including scuffs and scrapes. Our sanding and chipping techniques fill the nicks to cover unsightly marks.
- Basecoat application. When the surface is smooth, we work from the back of the room to the front applying the base coat. Polyaspartic material finishes the surface after the repair.
- Second coat. We repeat Step Three until we attain the desired aesthetic appeal.
- Final Inspection. Before we leave, we inspect every inch of our work for compliance with durability and adherence standards. We cure the surface and ask you to wait three days before using the surface for the curing to complete the cycle.
Why should I consider refinishing or resurfacing?
Refinishing and resurfacing are cost effective alternatives to replacing your bathtub, countertop or tile that is outdated, damaged, difficult to maintain, or simply not the look you want in your surfaces. Renew Resurfacing will repair chips, cracks, and damage to restore your surface to look and feel brand new. You’ll save your hard earned money and avoid weeks of demolition mess and costly replacement.
What is the refinishing process?
The first step, and most important, is the preparation of the surface. The preparation of your surface makes up about 90% of your project. The tub, tiles, or countertop are carefully prepared to ensure that we are using the best products to fit your wants and needs, all while maintaining the integrity of your surfaces. Your floors, countertops, and walls are fully protected from any unwanted mess/damage. We use drop cloths on every inch of your home that may be affected by the refinishing process, and mask off other areas to ensure your home is left exactly as we found it. Next, we apply a bonding agent. This creates a permanent bond between your surface and our coating. Now we apply our special blend adhesive primer, followed by 3 to 4 coats of our premium coating depending on what your surface requires. The end result is a smooth, glossy, easy to clean surface. No steps are skipped and great attention to detail is taken to give the customer the highest quality results. The tub is ready for use as soon as the next morning!
Which surfaces can I have refinished or resurfaced?
Bathtubs – porcelain, fiberglass, acrylic, cultured marble, clawfoot tubs
Countertops – laminate, tile, solid surfaces, cultured marble
Ceramic Tile – walls, countertops, shower pans, showers, floors
Is epoxy countertop cheaper than granite?
Epoxy, when compared to granite, offers a non-porous surface with high durability that promises longevity. It is much more affordable, anywhere from 3-5 times less expensive than granite depending on the scope of the work.
Do epoxy countertops scratch easily?
Epoxy is a very popular choice for refinishing due to the durability of the epoxy resin. It doesn’t scratch easily, and provides many years of use before the surface fades or becomes dull. It can also handle most common cleaning materials without losing its luster or shine.
Is there an odor?
New finishes contain necessary solvents to make the finish both durable and reliable. Generally, the odor will dissipate within 24-48 hours as the finish completely cures and creates a long lasting, beautiful new finish! If you or anyone in your household are sensitive to paint-like odors, please let us know so we can discuss accommodations for your service.
How long will the new finish last?
With proper care and maintenance, Renew Resurfacing can extend the life of your surfaces for up to 10-15 years or more. Our premium products create a chemical bond between old and new surfaces, assuring your surfaces a long life so that you can enjoy your refinished tub, tile and countertops for years to come.
What are my color choices?
Renew Resurfacing has a variety of high quality finishes that can give your surfaces whatever look and feel you want! We customize your surfaces to be as unique and original as you are, so do not hesitate to bring any finish ideas to the table.
What about clean up?
We like to leave our customers homes the way we found them. Unlike other refinishers, we remove all paper, tape, masking, clothes, and other items to ensure you get your home back just how you left it. Your bathtub/countertop will be ready for use as soon as the next day.
Every step we take for our processes is to ultimately
ensure our customers are 100% satisfied.
“I would highly recommend them! Here are some before and after photos featuring the work of Renew Resurfacing – Kitchen & Bath Resurfacing. I’m so glad someone suggested I look into having the countertops and shower epoxied instead of replaced. More cost effective, quicker, and looks great! I will definitely be doing this again!”
– Rachel V.
“We are beyond pleased with the service and the results Renew Resurfacing provided. The process alone is fascinating and the finished product is amazing! No regrets with our decision to invite Jim, Candy and their crew into our home for this remodel. They are a class act!”
– Tami B.
“The whole team at Renew Resurfacing was awesome! We had out outdated 2000 dark brown/black/tan granite countertops (yeah you know the ones) updated with a white and gray marble look. Our kitchen looks 15 years younger in less than 3 days! It felt great to also support a locally owned business.”
– Jamie E.