How to Prepare for Epoxy Countertop Resurfacing
We are so excited to be a part of your home projects, no matter how big or small. Customer satisfaction is our main goal and there are a few things you can do to help us achieve that goal.
Please read carefully through the things you need to know for your upcoming transformation so our technicians can be as efficient as possible. Then, sit back and watch us transform your existing surfaces right before your eyes.
Our cleaners and chemicals have an odor and might be strong to some. We recommend making arrangements to be out of the home during the resurfacing process to minimize any discomfort.
All children and pets must be supervised and away from the project area while the technician is in your home.
*Our technicians have a 30-minute window for arrival time and will contact you if they are running later than the scheduled time.
- Do not do any work to the area that will be resurfaced prior to your appointment, unless otherwise arranged.
- Please remove all personal items from the area that will be resurfaced, we cannot be responsible for anything damaged.
- Your stove and refrigerator should be moved prior to our technician’s arrival. We may be able to move these items if you are unable, however our technicians are NOT responsible for any damage.
- Our technicians use blue painters’ tape and plastic in an effort to protect your home’s other surfaces. It is possible the blue painters’ tape could pull paint in areas it is applied. Renew Resurfacing is not responsible for the incidental damage that may occur while removing the blue painters’ tape.
- Our technicians take all precautions to make sure overspray is minimized, however, there could be some residual dust residue around your home.
- Any fixtures that will be replaced, should be removed prior to the technician arriving, unless otherwise arranged.
- For epoxy pour countertops THE SINK MUST BE REMOVED as well as all other fixtures attached to the counter before the technician arrives unless otherwise arranged.
- DO NOT TOUCH the resurfaced area for 48 hours after completion of the project.
- For Stonefleck (acrylic) counters, do not place anything on the counters for 3 days after completion of the project.
- For Quarrystone (epoxy) countertops do not place anything on top of the counters for 7 days after completion of the project.
- Epoxy countertops are HEAT RESISTANT up to 500 degrees. Use NO HEAT generating appliances for 30 days (Coffee makers, toaster ovens, etc.). Use a silicone mat or trivet when using crock pots, air fryers, or slow cookers for the life of your new countertops, to protect the surface.
- DO NOT USE ABRASIVE CLEANERS or ABRASIVE CLEANING PADS like Scotch Bright® pads, Scrub Daddy’s®, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers® Comet®, etc. These products can dull or scratch your refinished surface.
Recommended cleaning processes can be found in our Terms & Conditions or on our website. Please refer to our care instructions sheet for more information.
All warranty information is listed in the terms and conditions link included in your estimate. This information can also be found on our website: www.RenewResurfacing.com
Any remaining balance is due at the completion of your project.
Please do not hesitate to ask the technicians or office staff if you have any questions.
Why should I consider refinishing or resurfacing?
Refinishing and resurfacing are cost effective alternatives to replacing your bathtub, countertop or tile that is outdated, damaged, difficult to maintain, or simply not the look you want in your surfaces. Renew Resurfacing will repair chips, cracks, and damage to restore your surface to look and feel brand new. You’ll save your hard earned money and avoid weeks of demolition mess and costly replacement.
What is the refinishing process?
The first step, and most important, is the preparation of the surface. The preparation of your surface makes up about 90% of your project. The tub, tiles, or countertop are carefully prepared to ensure that we are using the best products to fit your wants and needs, all while maintaining the integrity of your surfaces. Your floors, countertops, and walls are fully protected from any unwanted mess/damage. We use drop cloths on every inch of your home that may be affected by the refinishing process, and mask off other areas to ensure your home is left exactly as we found it. Next, we apply a bonding agent. This creates a permanent bond between your surface and our coating. Now we apply our special blend adhesive primer, followed by 3 to 4 coats of our premium coating depending on what your surface requires. The end result is a smooth, glossy, easy to clean surface. No steps are skipped and great attention to detail is taken to give the customer the highest quality results. The tub is ready for use as soon as the next morning!
Which surfaces can I have refinished or resurfaced?
Bathtubs – porcelain, fiberglass, acrylic, cultured marble, clawfoot tubs
Countertops – laminate, tile, solid surfaces, cultured marble
Ceramic Tile – walls, countertops, shower pans, showers, floors
Is epoxy countertop cheaper than granite?
Epoxy, when compared to granite, offers a non-porous surface with high durability that promises longevity. It is much more affordable, anywhere from 3-5 times less expensive than granite depending on the scope of the work.
Do epoxy countertops scratch easily?
Epoxy is a very popular choice for refinishing due to the durability of the epoxy resin. It doesn’t scratch easily, and provides many years of use before the surface fades or becomes dull. It can also handle most common cleaning materials without losing its luster or shine.
Is there an odor?
New finishes contain necessary solvents to make the finish both durable and reliable. Generally, the odor will dissipate within 24-48 hours as the finish completely cures and creates a long lasting, beautiful new finish! If you or anyone in your household are sensitive to paint-like odors, please let us know so we can discuss accommodations for your service.
How long will the new finish last?
With proper care and maintenance, Renew Resurfacing can extend the life of your surfaces for up to 10-15 years or more. Our premium products create a chemical bond between old and new surfaces, assuring your surfaces a long life so that you can enjoy your refinished tub, tile and countertops for years to come.
What are my color choices?
Renew Resurfacing has a variety of high quality finishes that can give your surfaces whatever look and feel you want! We customize your surfaces to be as unique and original as you are, so do not hesitate to bring any finish ideas to the table.
What about clean up?
We like to leave our customers homes the way we found them. Unlike other refinishers, we remove all paper, tape, masking, clothes, and other items to ensure you get your home back just how you left it. Your bathtub/countertop will be ready for use as soon as the next day.
Every step we take for our processes is to ultimately
ensure our customers are 100% satisfied.
“I would highly recommend them! Here are some before and after photos featuring the work of Renew Resurfacing – Kitchen & Bath Resurfacing. I’m so glad someone suggested I look into having the countertops and shower epoxied instead of replaced. More cost effective, quicker, and looks great! I will definitely be doing this again!”
– Rachel V.
“We are beyond pleased with the service and the results Renew Resurfacing provided. The process alone is fascinating and the finished product is amazing! No regrets with our decision to invite Jim, Candy and their crew into our home for this remodel. They are a class act!”
– Tami B.
“The whole team at Renew Resurfacing was awesome! We had out outdated 2000 dark brown/black/tan granite countertops (yeah you know the ones) updated with a white and gray marble look. Our kitchen looks 15 years younger in less than 3 days! It felt great to also support a locally owned business.”
– Jamie E.