Epoxy Countertop Care and Cleaning
Proper care and cleaning of your new countertop, bathtub, and shower will provide years of service when given the same care and maintenance recommended by Formica® and Corian® countertop manufacturers or Kohler®, American Standard®, Lasco®, and other new tub manufacturers.
Candy’s GREAT Home Remedy Cleaner:
- 1 qt spray bottle
- 3 parts (12 oz.) of filtered water
- 1 part (4 oz.) vinegar
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 5-7 drops lemon or tea tree essential oil
- Add to spray bottle and clean away
Countertop Refinishing Post-Installation Care and Cleaning
- DO NOT TOUCH the resurfaced area for 48 hours after completion of the project.
- For Stonefleck (acrylic) countertops, DO NOT PLACE anything on the counters for 3 days after completion of the project.
- For Epoxy countertops wait 7 days after the completion of the project before placing anything with weight on the countertop and wait 30 days before using appliances that use heat.
- For all other coated surfaces, wait 48 hours before touching or using your refinished surface.
- USE only non-abrasive or liquid cleaners. DO NOT USE abrasive scouring pads or cleaners. Use only non-abrasive or liquid cleaners*
- DO NOT USE harsh acids or bleach.
USE ONLY NON-ABRASIVE OR LIQUID CLEANERS on your refinished countertops, vanities, and tub such as Formula 409®, Lysol® Tub & Tile Cleaner®, or Scrubbing Bubbles® or try our home remedy cleaner formula.
DO NOT USE ABRASIVE CLEANSERS, HARSH ACIDS OR CLEANERS THAT CONTAIN BLEACH! These materials can discolor or damage the surface causing premature wear.
USE ONLY NON-ABRASIVE SPONGES OR A DAMP CLOTH. Abrasive cleaning pads like Scotch Bright® pads, Scrub Daddy’s®, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers® can dull or scratch your refinished surface.
DO NOT ALLOW ANY CHEMICALS TO REMAIN ON THE SURFACE for an extended period of time before thoroughly rinsing.
To clean a SLIP-RESISTANT SURFACE, apply a liquid cleaner and let it sit for 3-5 minutes. Agitate lightly with a nylon brush, rinse thoroughly, and dry.
DO NOT USE suction cup bathmats or suction cup hanging hooks as these products will void your warranty.
Please do not hesitate to ask the technicians or office staff if you have any questions.
Why should I consider refinishing or resurfacing?
What is the refinishing process?
Which surfaces can I have refinished or resurfaced?
Countertops – laminate, tile, solid surfaces, cultured marble
Ceramic Tile – walls, countertops, shower pans, showers, floors
Is epoxy countertop cheaper than granite?
Do epoxy countertops scratch easily?
Is there an odor?
How long will the new finish last?
What are my color choices?
What about clean up?
Every step we take for our processes is to ultimately
ensure our customers are 100% satisfied.
– Rachel V.
– Tami B.
– Jamie E.